Saturday, April 28, 2012

Project 13 Report On Colaboration

screenshot


My group and I have been using various available tools in our quest to collaborate without face to face contact.  Early in the semester we relied on emails and phone texting pretty heavily for our communication.     Everything was great as long as we were authorized to meet each week face to face.  When that was halted by Dr. Strange, we had to resort to other means for collaboration of the minute project details.  At first, we tried Skype.  Skype is a great tool for one on one collaboration or meetings.  However, for our entire group we decided to use Google Hangout, because it allows for multiple users to have a multi-way conversation. Using Google Hangout along with texting and phone calls, we were able to successfully complete our latest project.  My group and I will be meeting via Google Hangout on Sunday to tidy up this last project.  I am honestly looking forward to it.

screenshot


I personally love the things that Google has to offer.  Google is fast becoming a sort of "one stop internet shop."  The tools Google offers with Google+ rival most of the tool type websites I encounter.  In the end, I think we are probably just grazing the surface of the collaboration tools the internet has to offer.  The next thing I can't wait to try out is a screen capture program.  I think screen capture has mass potential for my future classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment