Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My Personal Learning Network: Final Report

Since I last reported, I have made an extensive effort to grow my PLN.  I found it to be a lot less labor intensive than I previously thought.  Each time I visit a website that I feel like exploring further, I save it to one of the many facilitators technology has to offer.  I created a Symbaloo account, but I find it much easier to add bookmarks on my computer for now.  Later, I plan to go back and add some of the more relevant websites to my Symbaloo.  The advantage of Symbaloo is that it allows me to categorize websites according to where they fit into my life.

screenshot

My Twitter following has grown tremendously since I began to follow others more freely.  I still don't use Twitter like Dr. Strange probably wants me to, but I have used it as an easy means of finding certain answers to questions I don't know.  Even though Twitter is a super fast way to find others interested in the same things I am, I still don't feel like it is the rock of my PLN.

At the end of the day, I feel like my PLN is growing in the right direction.  I have found many valuable educational tools I plan to implement into my future classrooms.  I have even begun using my PLN in many other endeavors of my life.  I feel like I have a worldwide support team that has my back all the time.  I don't get frustrated when my google searches come up dry, because I can call upon my PLN for the really tough questions.  This assignment has opened my eyes to the advantages of creating digital relationships.  I will continue to grow and adapt my PLN as I proceed through life.

No comments:

Post a Comment