Sunday, March 11, 2012

My Personal Learning Network

Personal Learning Network


I did not even know what a PLN was until week 7.  Our class checklist told us to get started on our Personal Learning Network during week 2 of this course.  I made this wonderful discovery in week 7.  Consequently, I may be a bit behind the curve.  However, I have signed up for Symbaloo, and I have begun adding many websites including the great learning tools and blogs from this course.  I decided on Symbaloo, because in my opinion it was the most user friendly.  I feel like I am at an extreme advantage to some students in this course, because I have my own computer.  This will allow me to use Safari and other apps as a part of my PLN as well.

symbaloo


When I started using Twitter back in January, I knew it had some sort of important use other than just a place for people to write useless information.  After doing some assignments for this week, I figured out what it was.  Twitter is invaluable in terms of creating a PLN, because it makes it so easy to find and save people needed for your PLN.  Those people, in turn, can help you find the latest and greatest tools available on the internet.  Twitter has now become a great search engine for my PLN.

your twitter pln


In the upcoming weeks, my goal is to continue to grow my PLN.  I want to backtrack a bit and add links that I found earlier in this course.  I want to use Twitter to find people beneficial to me and what I look for in my continued learning experience.  I want to expand the world I live in to include as many sources as I can in an attempt to answer any question that may arise in my classroom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment